Lyons Township High School North campus briefly locked down after reports of shots fired
October 17, 2013 (LAGRANGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say those were not gunshots people heard at a school in west suburban LaGrange.
The north campus of Lyon Township High School was briefly evacuated late Thursday afternoon.
People called 9-1-1 after hearing what they thought were gunshots.
The school was briefly locked down and after school activities were canceled.
On Thursday night, officials say a full search by police and the school superintendent found no evidence of any gunfire.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 43 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake