Highwood looks to carve out spot in record books with pumpkins
October 17, 2013 (HIGHWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The people of Highwood hope to use pumpkins to carve out a spot in the record books. Hundreds picked up knives Thursday night as they tried to set a world record for the most people carving jack o 'lanterns at once.
Five hundred and fifty-nine people turned out, but it wasn't enough.
They'll try for a second world record over the weekend for the most pumpkins lit at the same time. It currently stands at 30,128. Highwood is hoping to top that with 32,000.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff 1 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil 15 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights...
1 min ago
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
19 min ago