Highwood looks to carve out spot in record books with pumpkins
October 17, 2013 (HIGHWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- The people of Highwood hope to use pumpkins to carve out a spot in the record books. Hundreds picked up knives Thursday night as they tried to set a world record for the most people carving jack o 'lanterns at once.
Five hundred and fifty-nine people turned out, but it wasn't enough.
They'll try for a second world record over the weekend for the most pumpkins lit at the same time. It currently stands at 30,128. Highwood is hoping to top that with 32,000.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 19 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 24 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos