Driver crashes into garage, pond in Montgomery
October 18, 2013 (MONTGOMERY, Ill.) (WLS) -- A driver crashed his car into a home before it nose-dived into a nearby pond around 1 a.m. in the 100-block of Pine Ridge Lane in Montgomery.
Homeowner Andrea Schmidt told a reporter that her dogs woke her up after the crash early Friday morning. She said she saw lights out in her pond, where a later model Chrysler was nose-first in the water.
Montgomery police said they could not immediately comment on the accident, but Schmidt said the driver told her he had been drinking.
"Everybody's safe, the dogs are fine, my husband is fine, the house is, y'know, rebuildable," Schmidt said.
Fire crews towed the car out of the pond.
It is unclear if the driver is in police custody or where he may have been taken for medical treatment.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 29 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant