Police: Wallace Sollo found with 38 guns, revoked FOID during Schaumburg eviction
October 18, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) -- Police evicting a man from a northwest suburban home Thursday found 38 guns inside and arrested the homeowner when they learned his FOID card had been revoked.
Cook County Sheriff's deputies executing a court-ordered eviction on Wallace Sollo's home in Schaumburg found 22 handguns, nine rifles, seven shotguns and 10 rifle receivers on Thursday, according to a statement from the sheriff's office. All the guns were in plain view.
Sollo, 59, was taken into custody when deputies learned his Firearm Owner's Identification card had been revoked, police said.
He was charged with three counts of felony possession of a firearm with a revoked FOID, and one count of misdemeanor possession of ammunition without a valid FOID, police said.
On Friday, he was ordered held on a $20,000 bond during a hearing in Rolling Meadows, police said. He will be back in court Nov. 15.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 14 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 49 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 32 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
14 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
49 min ago