Police: Wallace Sollo found with 38 guns, revoked FOID during Schaumburg eviction
October 18, 2013 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) -- Police evicting a man from a northwest suburban home Thursday found 38 guns inside and arrested the homeowner when they learned his FOID card had been revoked.
Cook County Sheriff's deputies executing a court-ordered eviction on Wallace Sollo's home in Schaumburg found 22 handguns, nine rifles, seven shotguns and 10 rifle receivers on Thursday, according to a statement from the sheriff's office. All the guns were in plain view.
Sollo, 59, was taken into custody when deputies learned his Firearm Owner's Identification card had been revoked, police said.
He was charged with three counts of felony possession of a firearm with a revoked FOID, and one count of misdemeanor possession of ammunition without a valid FOID, police said.
On Friday, he was ordered held on a $20,000 bond during a hearing in Rolling Meadows, police said. He will be back in court Nov. 15.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 32 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 25 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 52 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
32 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
45 min ago