Bensenville police chase ends in Itasca
October 22, 2013 (ITASCA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman was taken into police custody after slow-speed car chase involving several squad cars through five of Chicago's northwest suburbs.
The more than 30-minute police chase began in Bensenville and ended around 11:45 a.m. in Itasca. Along the way, officers tried to stop the maroon PT Cruiser several times after reports the driver apppeared to be drunk.
The driver briefly pulled into a Bensenville freight company loading dock and was surrounded by police squads. Some officers approached the car on foot, but then the driver backs up and drives through the blockade.
The chase wound through Elk Grove Village and back into Bensenville, where police appeared to have trapped the car again behind a truck. But the driver broke free.
The female driver continued to elude police through Wood Dale and Elmhurst, eventually being surrounded in Itasca near the intersection of Irving Park and Prospect at a McDonald's, where officers smashed her windows. She then pushed her way through the squads, trying to get away through some brush, but was stopped once again. She was then taken into police custody.
Authorities say the woman remains hospitalized and as a result, has not yet been charged. She will likely faces charges including eluding police officers, DUI and a number of other traffic citations.
local, karen jordan
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 3 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 39 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos