2 found dead in Mount Prospect bathtub in murder-suicide
October 23, 2013 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were found dead inside a Mount Prospect home in a possible murder-suicide.
The bodies of a 46-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were discovered in a bathtub in a home on the 500-block of West Dempster early Wednesday.
The two people were identified as July Diaz-Hernandez and Victorino Lopez-Rosales. The two apparently died from stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene at 8:53 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Diaz-Hernandez had been stabbed to death, while Lopez-Rosales was found with a knife protruding from his chest, authorities said.
Both resided at the apartment where the couple was found with their two small children. Police say the children, who did not witness the incident and were unharmed, are being cared for by family members.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 10 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 11 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
8 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
10 min ago