2 found dead in Mount Prospect bathtub in murder-suicide
October 23, 2013 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were found dead inside a Mount Prospect home in a possible murder-suicide.
The bodies of a 46-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were discovered in a bathtub in a home on the 500-block of West Dempster early Wednesday.
The two people were identified as July Diaz-Hernandez and Victorino Lopez-Rosales. The two apparently died from stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene at 8:53 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Diaz-Hernandez had been stabbed to death, while Lopez-Rosales was found with a knife protruding from his chest, authorities said.
Both resided at the apartment where the couple was found with their two small children. Police say the children, who did not witness the incident and were unharmed, are being cared for by family members.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 38 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 44 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 31 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
31 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
44 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
38 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
39 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos