2 found dead in Mount Prospect bathtub in murder-suicide
October 23, 2013 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two people were found dead inside a Mount Prospect home in a possible murder-suicide.
The bodies of a 46-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were discovered in a bathtub in a home on the 500-block of West Dempster early Wednesday.
The two people were identified as July Diaz-Hernandez and Victorino Lopez-Rosales. The two apparently died from stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene at 8:53 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Diaz-Hernandez had been stabbed to death, while Lopez-Rosales was found with a knife protruding from his chest, authorities said.
Both resided at the apartment where the couple was found with their two small children. Police say the children, who did not witness the incident and were unharmed, are being cared for by family members.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups 57 min ago
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos