Woman, 30, charged in 5-city slow-speed chase
October 23, 2013 (ITASCA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in a car chase in the suburbs that was captured on camera by Chopper 7 HD.
The chase started in Bensenville and ended in Itasca Tuesday. Nicole Evans, 30, is now charged with DUI, aggravated assault and other charges. The slow-speed chase went through several suburbs. In Itasca, police broke out the car windows after it was boxed in by traffic. But the driver took off again and ended up crashing into a tree. That's when police took Evans into custody.
PHOTOS: Police chase through northwest suburbs
The more than 30-minute police chase began in Bensenville and ended around 11:45 a.m. in Itasca. Along the way, officers tried to stop the maroon PT Cruiser several times after reports the driver apppeared to be drunk.
The driver briefly pulled into a Bensenville freight company loading dock and was surrounded by police squads. Some officers approached the car on foot, but then the driver backs up and drives through the blockade.
The chase wound through Elk Grove Village and back into Bensenville, where police appeared to have trapped the car again behind a truck. But the driver broke free.
Evans continued to elude police through Wood Dale and Elmhurst, eventually being surrounded in Itasca near the intersection of Irving Park and Prospect at a McDonald's, where officers smashed her windows. She then pushed her way through the squads, trying to get away through some brush, but was stopped once again. She was then taken into police custody.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation