1 dead in multi-car crash at O'Hare
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed in a multi-car crash on O'Hare International Airport property at Higgins Road near Mannheim early Friday.
The victim of the crash has been identified as 37-year old Rusty Carpenter.
A media spokesperson at O'Hare International Airport said there was no security breach, but a car went crashing through a protective fence near the runway.
Rosemont police are on the scene blocking off the area and have been on scene of this fatal crash since Thursday night.
After the first car lost control, three other cars became involved, making it a four-car crash. The conditions of other people who were involved in the crash is unknown at this time.
Higgins between Manneheim and Touhy has been closed. Police are keeping people away from the scene.
chicago news, jason knowles
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney