1 dead in multi-car crash at O'Hare
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed in a multi-car crash on O'Hare International Airport property at Higgins Road near Mannheim early Friday.
The victim of the crash has been identified as 37-year old Rusty Carpenter.
A media spokesperson at O'Hare International Airport said there was no security breach, but a car went crashing through a protective fence near the runway.
Rosemont police are on the scene blocking off the area and have been on scene of this fatal crash since Thursday night.
After the first car lost control, three other cars became involved, making it a four-car crash. The conditions of other people who were involved in the crash is unknown at this time.
Higgins between Manneheim and Touhy has been closed. Police are keeping people away from the scene.
chicago news, jason knowles
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area 31 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning 39 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler