Homeless man sentenced in train station stabbing
October 25, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- A homeless man is sentenced to 20 years in prison for stabbing another man at a train station in northwest Indiana.
Twenty-five-year-old Jawaun Woods was charged with aggravated battery.
He pleaded guilty but mentally ill.
Police say he stabbed a man at the south shore station in East Chicago last November. Woods also made off with the victim's car.
He could have faced up to 50 years in prison.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 27 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 2 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos