Glen Ellyn apartment fire leaves families homeless
October 26, 2013 (GLEN ELLYN, Ill.) (WLS) -- At least 24 families are now without a home after an apartment complex in west suburban Glen Ellyn destroyed part of the building.
It happened just before 2 Saturday morning on Lynn Road near North Avenue and the North-South Tollway.
The fire burned through the roof and 12 units on the north side of the building.
"Everybody was like trying to help, everybody get out of the building and when we arrived on the side of the building there was already a lot of people standing on the side. So it looks like everybody got out safe and on time," said building resident Natasha Love.
No one was injured in the fire.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 21 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 15 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 22 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
37 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos