Body found floating in Des Plaines River
October 27, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- A body has been found floating in the Des Plaines River in Joliet.
A tugboat operator discovered the man's body just north of the I-80 bridge.
The victim's name is not being released until his family is notified.
Joliet Police are investigating and an autopsy was scheduled for today to determine the cause of death.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos