Emil's Tavern raises money for Hainesville family who lost home
October 28, 2013 (GRAYSLAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A fundraiser is being held Monday night for the family whose home was badly damaged after a car crashed into it.
Early Friday morning, a Wisconsin man lost control of his SUV and crashed into a townhome in Hainesville, near Grayslake, causing a massive fire.
Leika Racho and her 3 children were inside but escaped unharmed.
Emil's Tavern in Grayslake is donating 10-percent of Monday night's sales to help the family. They are also collecting clothes for the family.
The fundraiser was started by a waitress at the tavern.
"I was coming to work the next day and I decided I would donate all my tips, and that just spiraled," said Karen Policht, waitress.
"I mean there's no words to say how much we're really grateful for this community," said Leika Racho, home damaged in fire.
The driver who crashed into their home, 32-year-old Adam Bileck, has been charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 57 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 37 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
35 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
37 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
28 min ago