Emil's Tavern raises money for Hainesville family who lost home
October 28, 2013 (GRAYSLAKE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A fundraiser is being held Monday night for the family whose home was badly damaged after a car crashed into it.
Early Friday morning, a Wisconsin man lost control of his SUV and crashed into a townhome in Hainesville, near Grayslake, causing a massive fire.
Leika Racho and her 3 children were inside but escaped unharmed.
Emil's Tavern in Grayslake is donating 10-percent of Monday night's sales to help the family. They are also collecting clothes for the family.
The fundraiser was started by a waitress at the tavern.
"I was coming to work the next day and I decided I would donate all my tips, and that just spiraled," said Karen Policht, waitress.
"I mean there's no words to say how much we're really grateful for this community," said Leika Racho, home damaged in fire.
The driver who crashed into their home, 32-year-old Adam Bileck, has been charged with DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 20 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 17 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 15 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 30 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
1 min ago