Antioch police search for Billy Varner after 2 women found dead
October 29, 2013 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- Antioch police want to question Billy E. Varner, 54, about two suspicious deaths and say he could be considered ''dangerous.''
The women, aged 82 and 61, were found dead at an apartment complex at 1221 Main St., where Varner lives, according to a statement from Antioch police. Police would only say they want to question Varner.
"He was an older man who didn't have much of a job and didn't have a lot of money and his mother was in a wheelchair and he took care of her. And, he used to shovel snow for us and salt, and he would look out for the property for us," Nancy Kiefer, landlord, said.
Police hauled dumpsters out of the apartment parking lot Tuesday. Neighbors say they've seen Varner hanging around the area and don't think he would have gone far.
"When I tried to sleep last night, it was difficult to sleep. I was up all night. I was running to the window with every noise I heard. This morning, when the dumpster was moving, I thought someone was rifling through the garbage to try to get some evidence this morning. I was freaking out," Felicia Johnson, neighbor, said.
Varner was last seen driving a 2002 tan, Chevy extended conversion van with Illinois license plate N94-3872. Police said the van had damage to the passenger side's taillight. Neighbors said it was in the parking lot Monday.
Anyone who spots Varner should call 911.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Eyewitness to History: The Best of Ditka
34 min ago