CITGO partially reopening Lemont oil refinery after fire
October 29, 2013 (LEMONT, Ill.) (WLS) -- CITGO is planning to reopen part of a damaged oil refinery in southwest suburban Lemont.
The refinery caught fire last week damaging part of the crude oil unit.
Citgo says the section that was not damaged is undergoing safety reviews currently. The company hopes to reopen that part by the end of next week.
No one was hurt in last week's fire.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 38 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mumps outbreak reported across Illinois 4 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
31 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos