O'Hare Airport breaks ground on new cargo center
October 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The next phase of expansion at O'Hare airport is officially under way. Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago aviation officials broke ground on a new cargo center.
The Northeast Cargo Center at O'Hare Airport will be 820,000 square feet. The project will help create 1,200 permanent jobs at the airport.
The $200 million center will also increase the amount of cargo that can be processed at O'Hare.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 2 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night 35 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots 47 min ago
- Swimming pools upgrade project moving forward 29 min ago
- Blagojevich begins 3rd year in prison 15 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 6 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years...
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago