11-year-old faces reckless conduct charge in stabbing of 7-year-old in Lansing
October 31, 2013 (LANSING, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 11-year-old faces a reckless conduct charge in the September stabbing of a 7-year-old in Lansing.
This is an update to an exclusive story Eyewitness News reported in late September.
It was on September 28 when police responded to a call of a child who had been stabbed in the head with a utility knife.
JaMarkus Lofton underwent surgery and was released from the hospital five days later.
Lofton's mother says the incident happened following a basketball game when another child pulled the knife on her child.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 21 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 37 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 15 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 31 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- 7 in :77
1 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
21 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
37 min ago