11-year-old faces reckless conduct charge in stabbing of 7-year-old in Lansing
October 31, 2013 (LANSING, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 11-year-old faces a reckless conduct charge in the September stabbing of a 7-year-old in Lansing.
This is an update to an exclusive story Eyewitness News reported in late September.
It was on September 28 when police responded to a call of a child who had been stabbed in the head with a utility knife.
JaMarkus Lofton underwent surgery and was released from the hospital five days later.
Lofton's mother says the incident happened following a basketball game when another child pulled the knife on her child.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 35 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 39 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 30 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD