Top chess player Timur Gareev takes on Cook Co. inmates
November 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of the best chess players anywhere took on 10 inmates at the Cook County Jail, and there were a couple of twists.
Timur Gareev played 10 games all at once, and while blindfolded.
He was told how each inmate played and then had someone make his moves for him while he visualized all 10 chess boards.
Gareev is the number 3 ranked chess player in the country.
His goal is to someday play 50 games at once.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 31 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago 22 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be 'breakthrough year' for US
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 56 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 56 min ago
- Horse escapes, gallops down Old Town streets
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears 30 min ago
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago 43 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
1 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos