South Elgin mourning death of village president; Jim Hansen, 53, was serving 4th term
November 2, 2013 (SOUTH ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- People in South Elgin are mourning the death of longtime village president Jim Hansen, who died Friday night.
Hansen had been diagnosed with cancer over the summer. The 53-year-old was serving his fourth term.
Village administrator Larry Jones says during Hansen's time in office South Elgin was twice named to money magazine's top 100 communities.
Hansen is survived by his wife Teri and their three sons.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year