South Elgin mourning death of village president; Jim Hansen, 53, was serving 4th term
November 2, 2013 (SOUTH ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- People in South Elgin are mourning the death of longtime village president Jim Hansen, who died Friday night.
Hansen had been diagnosed with cancer over the summer. The 53-year-old was serving his fourth term.
Village administrator Larry Jones says during Hansen's time in office South Elgin was twice named to money magazine's top 100 communities.
Hansen is survived by his wife Teri and their three sons.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 59 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD