Route 47 reopens in Huntley after semi crash, fuel spill
November 2, 2013 (HUNTLEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- State Route 47 in Huntley was open Sunday after a fuel spill shut it down the day before.
The Kane County sheriff says closed the road late Saturday because 100 gallons of diesel fuel has spilled on the road and into a ditch.
The fuel was leaking from a semi-truck that had crashed at about 6 p.m. when a car made a U-turn, causing the semi to swerve in an effort to avoid the car. The semi wound up going into a ditch on the east side of Route 47, and then back onto the road, coming to rest on the west shoulder.
A gas tank ruptured on the semi and caused the diesel fuel to leak.
No one was injured in the crash.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits