Route 47 reopens in Huntley after semi crash, fuel spill
November 2, 2013 (HUNTLEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- State Route 47 in Huntley was open Sunday after a fuel spill shut it down the day before.
The Kane County sheriff says closed the road late Saturday because 100 gallons of diesel fuel has spilled on the road and into a ditch.
The fuel was leaking from a semi-truck that had crashed at about 6 p.m. when a car made a U-turn, causing the semi to swerve in an effort to avoid the car. The semi wound up going into a ditch on the east side of Route 47, and then back onto the road, coming to rest on the west shoulder.
A gas tank ruptured on the semi and caused the diesel fuel to leak.
No one was injured in the crash.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 38 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13 29 min ago
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 15 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos