World War II vet awarded service medals; Frank Andrews, 94, fought at D-Day Normandy landing, Battle of the Bulge
November 3, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- In Wheaton Sunday, 94-year-old Chicagoan Frank Andrews was awarded six medals for his service in World War II.
Andrews fought and was wounded at both the D-Day Normandy landings and at the Battle of the Bulge.
He should have received the medals back then.
Andrews asked for them in 1984 and was told the Army didn't have the medals available.
He finally got them Sunday at the First Division Museum in Cantigny Park.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 37 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 17 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos