Ammonia leak evacuates Itasca buildings
November 4, 2013 (ITASCA, Ill.) (WLS) -- An ammonia leak in Itasca led to the evacuation of buildings downwind of the ITW building, located at 1349 Bryn Mawr in the northwestern suburb.
Employees noticed the leaking tank and called officials at 9:22 a.m. HAZMAT crews responded.
There are no reports of injuries or illness. The evacuated buildings are all businesses, not residential, officials said.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 58 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- 7 in :77