LaSalle Co. Sheriff sued by 4 more people over alleged illegal strip-searches
November 7, 2013 (WLS) -- Four more people are now suing LaSalle County for being allegedly being illegally strip searched.
This comes after Dana Holmes claimed she was illegally strip searched after a DUI arrest in May. She's has already filed a lawsuit.
The LaSalle County Sheriff denies that Holmes was strip searched.
The department says deputies believed she tried to kick them while in custody.
Terry Ekl, who is an attorney for the plaintiffs, says all of them were stripped naked and forced to use a hole in their padded cell floor as their toilet.
"Tremendous human indignities occurred to all four of these people. Regardless of what the LaSalle County authorities are trying to peddle, they were stripping people who they felt needed discipline or were not being compliant with their instructions," said Terry Ekl, attorney.
ABC7 Eyewitness News was unable to reach the LaSalle's Sheriff's Department for a comment.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 48 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 42 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 27 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 49 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos