68 Dominick's stores still unsold, over 5K could lose jobs
November 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The job situation looks bleak for more than 5,600 Chicago area Dominick's workers.
A report filed with the state shows that many employees could be jobless when the company closes stores at the end of next month.
The company has 72 stores. Four have been sold to the parent company of Jewel-Osco.
The other 68 are on the market.
Dominick's says any unsold stores will close December 28.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap