68 Dominick's stores still unsold, over 5K could lose jobs
November 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The job situation looks bleak for more than 5,600 Chicago area Dominick's workers.
A report filed with the state shows that many employees could be jobless when the company closes stores at the end of next month.
The company has 72 stores. Four have been sold to the parent company of Jewel-Osco.
The other 68 are on the market.
Dominick's says any unsold stores will close December 28.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 37 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 57 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77