Naperville Marathon runs for first time
November 10, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) -- There's a new marathon in the Chicago area and it stepped off for the first time Sunday morning in Naperville.
Thirty-five hundred runners in all took part in the full marathon and half marathon.
Edward Hospital is the title sponsor for the next three years.
Next year's marathon will be a qualifying race for the 2015 Boston Marathon.
This year's race helped raise more than $200,000 for charities.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits