Fundraiser for man shot to help pay medical bills
November 10, 2013 (PARK RIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A fundraiser kicked off tonight in Park Ridge to help pay medical bills of a northwest Indiana man.
Nathan Kras was shot in the abdomen and leg during a robbery while working at a Munster restaurant.
Kras had multiple surgeries since the shooting happened on September 15.
Sunday night, his friends are trying to raise money for the hospital bills.
"Whatever he needs, we'll be there for him," said Jan Crowe. "You know, he will need more surgery so whatever he needs, whatever we can do we will do it. We've done cheesecake sales to raise money. Whatever we can do, we're going to be there for him."
Kras is a member of the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps the group which sponsored Sunday night's fundraiser.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 15 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 30 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 52 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
30 min ago
- 7 in :77