Brittany Wawrzyniak death questions remain as suspect Eric Johnson due in court; Worth teen's family says death not accidental
November 11, 2013 (WORTH, Ill.) (WLS) -- Brittany Wawrzyniak's loved ones gathered at the crash site Monday night to remember her life after she was found dead Friday night under mysterious circumstances.
Twenty-year-old Eric Johnson is being held in connection with the 18-year-old's death and was in court Monday afternoon.
Johnson is charged with unlawful delivery of a substance but police have not explained how the charges are related to her death.
She was found after an accident near 115th and Beloit Avenue in Worth.
"Just like to ask anybody else with any information leading up to the cause of my daughter's death to please come forward. And just ask the community, everybody, just to say prayers," said Brittany's father, Patrick Wawrzyniak.
The Wawrzyniak family tells Eyewitness News her death was not an accident and that she was beaten and tossed out of a car.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 36 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 4 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 50 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 15 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake