Brittany Wawrzyniak death questions remain as suspect Eric Johnson due in court; Worth teen's family says death not accidental
November 11, 2013 (WORTH, Ill.) (WLS) -- Brittany Wawrzyniak's loved ones gathered at the crash site Monday night to remember her life after she was found dead Friday night under mysterious circumstances.
Twenty-year-old Eric Johnson is being held in connection with the 18-year-old's death and was in court Monday afternoon.
Johnson is charged with unlawful delivery of a substance but police have not explained how the charges are related to her death.
She was found after an accident near 115th and Beloit Avenue in Worth.
"Just like to ask anybody else with any information leading up to the cause of my daughter's death to please come forward. And just ask the community, everybody, just to say prayers," said Brittany's father, Patrick Wawrzyniak.
The Wawrzyniak family tells Eyewitness News her death was not an accident and that she was beaten and tossed out of a car.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 44 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 32 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds