Wheaton middle school hit with stomach bug
November 11, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A school in Wheaton is scrubbed down over the weekend after several students get sick.
Officials at Edison Middle School received several calls from staff and parents of students indicating they were sick with some kind of stomach bug.
A school spokesperson says the symptoms appear consistent with norovirus but they are not aware of any confirmed cases.
As a precaution, the principal sent an email to parents and staff warning them of the sickness. The school was open Monday.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 20 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 19 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 17 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
17 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
20 min ago