Contractor killed in steel mill accident; 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson died from falling debris at Arcelor-Mittal in East Chicago
November 13, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A contractor working at a steel mill in East Chicago has been killed in an accident.
It appears falling debris killed 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson at Arcelor-Mittal.
The coroner ruled the death accidental.
Two other contractors were also hurt in the accident.
The company says it's extremely saddened by what happened and will conduct a joint investigation along with the United Steelworkers.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home