Contractor killed in steel mill accident; 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson died from falling debris at Arcelor-Mittal in East Chicago
November 13, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A contractor working at a steel mill in East Chicago has been killed in an accident.
It appears falling debris killed 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson at Arcelor-Mittal.
The coroner ruled the death accidental.
Two other contractors were also hurt in the accident.
The company says it's extremely saddened by what happened and will conduct a joint investigation along with the United Steelworkers.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 37 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
55 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
37 min ago