Contractor killed in steel mill accident; 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson died from falling debris at Arcelor-Mittal in East Chicago
November 13, 2013 (EAST CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- A contractor working at a steel mill in East Chicago has been killed in an accident.
It appears falling debris killed 39-year-old Michael Samuelsson at Arcelor-Mittal.
The coroner ruled the death accidental.
Two other contractors were also hurt in the accident.
The company says it's extremely saddened by what happened and will conduct a joint investigation along with the United Steelworkers.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 3 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 48 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
3 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos