Shine Bright Dance Studio opened in Antioch in Nicole Parfitt's memory
November 15, 2013 (ANTIOCH, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban mother opened a dance studio in her daughter's memory on Friday.
Robin Parfitt says her daughter began to dance at age 3. She went on to become a member of the varsity dance team at Antioch High School.
Robin Parfitt called the opening "bittersweet."
"It's my gift of love to my daughter. And it was her passion," said robin parfitt, mother.
Classes began last Monday, and there was a big crowd out on the dance floor having fun Friday night.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River 24 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible