McDonald's gives away free meals to South Side homeless
November 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of homeless received a meal and clothing on Wednesday thanks to a group of restaurant owners.
The Black McDonald's Operators Association of Chicago and Northwest Indiana gathered everyone at a South Side church.
McDonald's employees and volunteers served the meals. Organizers call it "food for the body and spirit."
This is the 14th year for the program.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 41 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 37 min ago
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
4 min ago