William Beavers' lawyers request freedom pending appeal
November 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Monday, a judge will decide whether former Cook County Commissioner William Beavers will remain out of jail, while lawyers appeal his tax evasion case.
Beavers' legal team made the request in federal court Thursday.
In March, the one-time Chicago police officer turned elected official was convicted for failing to declare campaign cash as income after he spent the money on slot machines.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 18 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 12 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
20 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
2 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
18 min ago