Lyons fire burns in vacant, historic building
November 22, 2013 (LYONS, Ill.) (WLS) -- A vacant building in Lyons, Ill., caught fire early Friday morning. Crews from several communities were called in for help with the flames, which brought down part of the roof.
PHOTOS: Lyons fire burns
A next door restaurant is in danger of catching fire, but no injuries are reported. Crews have been on the scene since 2 a.m. Friday.
The Lyons fire chief said the building at 3901 Joliet Avenue was once part of the Lyons Historical Society Building and Chamber of Commerce.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 1 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos