Wrongful death suit filed in Will County; Teen dies when car crashed into creek
November 26, 2013 (WILMINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit is filed by the parents of a teenager who died when the car he was in crashed into a Will County creek.
Back in March, 15-year-old Cody Carter was riding in a car with three other teens in Wilmington when the car veered off the road, smashed through a guardrail and landed upside down in forked creek.
Carter's parents have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Wesley Township and the parents of teenaged driver Cheyenne Fender, who was also killed.
The suit claims the township was careless in installing and maintaining the guardrail.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 15 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 7 in :77
8 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos