1 dead in wrong way crash on Stevenson
December 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person is dead following a wrong way crash on the Stevenson Expressway early Sunday morning.
It happened around 5:30 a.m. in the southbound lanes at Lemont Road near west suburban Darien.
Illinois State Police say the wrong way driver, 29-year-old Erick Mota, was killed after he crashed head-on into another SUV.
Fire fighters had to use the Jaws of Life to free that driver, who was then taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The crash is under investigation.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 29 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 30 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
27 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
29 min ago