2 men charged in Homewood bank robbery; Bank of America branch robbed near 183rd and Governors Highway
December 5, 2013 (HOMEWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two men are being held in jail Thursday night charged with bank robbery in Wednesday's holdup at a south suburban bank.
Surveillance photos released Thursday show the men armed with guns inside the Bank of America branch in Homewood.
Thirty-two-year-old Malcolm Carpenter of Chicago and 23-year-old Justin Williams of Calumet Park were arrested following a four our standoff at an apartment complex near the bank.
In court Thursday morning prosecutors described how the men allegedly ordered the bank manager to fill a bag with money.
No one was hurt in the holdup.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand