Groundbreaking for $32M DHL facility at O'Hare International Airport
December 6, 2013 (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and DHL officials to break ground on a $32 million dollar cargo and freight facility at O'Hare International Airport Friday morning.
The new building will be the largest DHL Global Forwarding facility in the nation, according to a release from the mayor's office.
The 450,000 square-foot office and warehousing space will accommodate working space for DHL's 500 employees at O'Hare.
This new facility, the statement said, is set to open in November 2014.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 1 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 42 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 45 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder 59 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
1 min ago