Illiana Expressway promoted by Senators Mark Kirk, Dan Coats
December 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Mark Kirk and Indiana Senator Dan Coats say the proposed Illiana Expressway will bring jobs and economic development to the Chicago area.
The proposed highway would extend from I-55 in Illinois to I-65 in Indiana.
Kirk says it would result in 9,000 construction jobs. Coats says if it isn't built, businesses looking to expand may go elsewhere.
The project has been approved in Illinois. The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission will vote on December 12.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight 5 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend 48 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake