Illiana Expressway promoted by Senators Mark Kirk, Dan Coats
December 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Senator Mark Kirk and Indiana Senator Dan Coats say the proposed Illiana Expressway will bring jobs and economic development to the Chicago area.
The proposed highway would extend from I-55 in Illinois to I-65 in Indiana.
Kirk says it would result in 9,000 construction jobs. Coats says if it isn't built, businesses looking to expand may go elsewhere.
The project has been approved in Illinois. The Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission will vote on December 12.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 16 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 15 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
15 min ago