Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
December 10, 2013 (LAKE ZURICH, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two Lake Zurich schools were put on lockdown after reports that a student brought a weapon to Middle School South on Tuesday.
The student was apprehended, according to a school statement that read, in part, "No weapons were used at any time during this incident."
Middle School South and Isaac Fox Elementary schools are on the same campus, 395 W. Cuba Road, and were placed on lockdown around 10:35 a.m. while police investigated, according to the School District 95 website.
Parents were kept aware of the situation via website messages.
"My initial reaction was just sick. Oh my god, what's going to happen? Are they OK?" Jamie Pecora, parent said.
"Your heart sinks. Just freeze in the moment," Debbie Webster, parent, said.
The lockdown at 12:20 p.m. for Isaac Fox and at 12:35 p.m. at Middle School South.
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case merge, police say 15 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office 24 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute 50 min ago
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case...
15 min ago