Baby born 17 weeks early to be home for holiday
December 10, 2013 (DOWNERS GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A baby born 17 weeks early will be home for the holidays.
Baby Meghan weighed less than a pound at birth. On Tuesday, she's going home weighing a healthy 7 pounds.
"I've waited a very long time for her, and she's truly a miracle," said mom Rene.
The infant spent the past five months in the neonatal intensive care unit at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove. Doctors say she has no major medical complications. And she is strong enough to go home with her family.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 30 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 10 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
30 min ago