Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
December 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On the Chicago Skyway, at least 2 semis and other vehicles were involved in a serious accident on the inbound lanes.
Chopper7 HD was flying live over the scene near 69th and the ramp to the Dan Ryan Expressway on Wednesday evening.
The crash shut down the inbound lanes of the skyway for several hours on Wednesday evening. All lanes have since been reopened.
A fire department spokesperson says five people, including a child, were injured in the accident. They were transported to area hospitals.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 28 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 57 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 41 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds