Dominick's closing across Chicago could lead to over 5,600 layoffs
December 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The closing of all Dominick's stores across the Chicago area could lead to nearly 6,000 layoffs.
According to the company's parent, Safeway, more than 5,600 employees could be laid off when all the Dominick's stores close.
That includes the additional 141 employees at Dominick's Oak Brook division office and more than 300 workers at its Northlake warehouse.
Mariano's will be taking over 11 of the Dominick's stores.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 41 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 38 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Suspect charged in sexual assault of two children 2 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand