Homewood-Flossmoor teacher faced allegations before death
December 16, 2013 (FLOSSMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Students at a south suburban high school are mourning the death of a teacher.
Just before the teacher's death, officials were looking into a serious allegation against him.
A week ago, administrators at Homewood-Flossmoor High School reacted to allegations against a teacher -- contacting the Department of Children and Family Services and Homewood police. But before an investigation proceeded in earnest, the subject of the investigation was found dead at his home.
Students and parents were informed Wednesday that teacher Kevin Wall, 49, of the 18100-block of Harwood in Homewood, had died. Wall had been at Homewood-Flossmoor for nine years; he taught English, theatre and was a speech coach.
On Monday, the school district's spokesperson said in part: "Mr. Wall had a tremendous impact on our students and as a community we are grieving but we are also trying to work through and process the additional information related to this situation regarding the allegations that have been made."
local, leah hope
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 24 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 8 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 39 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin 18 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 45 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits