Veterans sleep outside to raise awareness for homeless
December 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Despite our cold weather, more than 20 veterans are sleeping outside Monday night to raise awareness of homeless veterans and to raise funds.
Members of the "Student Veterans Society of Columbia College" laid their sleeping bags outside the school at noon on Monday for a 24-hour "sleep out."
The Department of Veteran Affairs says 1,100 veterans are homeless in Illinois.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 24 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 30 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 49 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
24 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
30 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
30 min ago