Driver, Good Samaritan rescued after car plunges into icy pond in Bolingbrook
December 16, 2013 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two women were rescued after a car fell through an icy pond in south suburban Bolingbrook.
It happened near Avalon and Lindsey on Monday evening.
Investigators say the car left the road and stopped on the frozen water before it broke through the ice. A woman was trapped inside and another woman tried to save her.
The driver's relatives say they're grateful to the Good Samaritan.
"It was an angel for her tonight to save her from water, you know," said Flora Jano, driver's relative.
Officials said the women were transported to Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital and are in stable condition and being treated for hypothermia.
The incident is under investigation.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds