ComEd delivery fee hike to add $5.50 to average bill
December 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Electricity bills for Commonwealth Edison customers are going up next year.
The Illinois Commerce Commission approved an increase in the delivery fee for electricity on Wednesday.
That will add about $5.50 a month to the average ComEd bill.
It will raise $340 million for the utility.
ComEd said it need the increase to help for its modernization program including the installation of smart meters.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos