Sue Staehely honors son's memory, hands out toys at Lurie Children's Hospital
December 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Christmas came early for children at Lurie Children's Hospital as a mother keeps a promise to her late son that no child goes without a toy on Christmas.
Sue Staehely delivered the donated gifts to the children at the hospital on Wednesday.
Back in 2006, her son Mark lost a six-year battle with cancer when he was just 18.
Mark spent the holiday at the hospital after his first stem cell transplant and vowed to return each year with presents.
Sue has continued the toy drive ever since in honor of her son's memory.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 54 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 55 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 35 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 19 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 16 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 23 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 18 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
48 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
54 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
55 min ago