Aurora pastor Howard Richmond of Life Reach Ministries gets 12 years in prison
December 19, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- An Aurora pastor was sentenced to 12 years in prison for stealing more than $1.6 million in donations and investments intended for his church.
Prosecutors say 53-year old Howard Richmond of Life Reach Ministries borrowed money from relatives and other acquaintances. He said he would use the money to build new churches and promised to pay it back, but never did. Prosecutors say he spent the money on personal items including cars, vacations and limousine services.
Richmond pled guilty to a Class 1 Felony and one count of Forgery, a Class 3 felony.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 37 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 43 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD