Driver plows into cars on Mag Mile
December 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It was a chaotic scene when a car plowed into four other vehicles along the Magnificent Mile tonight as Michigan Avenue was crowded with shoppers.
Police say an officer on foot patrol smelled marijuana coming from a vehicle.
When he approached the car and told the driver to pull over. The driver attempted to get away.
He crashed into four cars before running into the American Girl Store.
One of the cars hit belongs to a Milwaukee area police officer who is visiting.
"He looked dazed," Doug Tweedie said. "I thought he was hurt. And I could see the smoke from the airbag. There was an officer running with his gun out. The guy took off running in that direction, and that's when I realized, I didn't know if the officers were coming or not. And then I helped as well."
No injuries were reported.
The driver was taken into custody.
local, diane pathieu
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 9 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 52 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 58 min ago